It’s a term that most people have heard, largely through movie reviews in magazines, blogs, amateur reviewers on the web and maybe even in filmmaking. Unless you are in the industry, you might not know what it is, even if you hear it all the time. Yet the term “production value” is important to businesses like yours in promoting brand awareness and appearing professional to your customers.
What is Production Value?
Production Value is the quality of the film or video – basically, how professional it looks. Costs vary depending on the different elements that contribute to the final, visual product. Each one of these elements determine the Production Value of a project:
- Story: Every production starts with a great story. People are drawn to a well-told story.
- Location: Make sure the setting fits the story, whether it’s a corporate boardroom or a warehouse.
- Lighting: A quality lighting setup is key. Paint your set with light.
- Camera: A high-quality HD or 4K camera with quality lenses can make a huge difference.
- Audio: Capturing clean, crisp audio is absolutely essential, yet it’s one of the most neglected steps in production.
- Editing: The final step in telling the story is editing. Pace, rhythm, color and style all play an important role.
- Graphics and Animation: Many times, high-quality 2D and 3D graphics can really enhance a production.
At Top Pup Media, we know what it takes to create compelling stories with a high production value, but we also realize that businesses are on a budget. We work with our clients based on their requirements and cost expectations. We know how to maximum production value within a given budget.
Benefits to Your Company
Visual media is vital in promoting your product or service, and it’s far easier to grab the attention of a potential customer with a video telling your story than it is with a print ad or brochure. You can powerfully convey your key information with a short, two-minute video. This medium has the ability to engage the audience.This is why you must create content with high production value. Your audience has certain expectations: everything from the script, how engaging the story is, to the quality of lighting and the image seen in the video. Videos will often be the first way that customers engage with your product or service.The higher the quality of your production, the more memorable your story will be. Business videos do “go viral” these days and people are all too willing to do your marketing for you by spreading the word about your video on their social media accounts.The image and brand you are trying to present is an most important aspect of the video being produced. Whether it is about you, your company or your product or service, professionalism is conveyed through high quality production value. Working with the right team can help develop the right image for your production.
If you’re looking to produce a high-quality video for your business, please contact us for more information on how to get started.